Thursday, June 28, 2007

The Howling Kitten


We rescued this midget Lilac Point Siamese from a life of mediocrity. Lilac Points were and are I suppose, rather uncommon.

I named her Rok Poi. I don't have a clue why, but there it is.

The photo shows her in all her glory one of the rare moments when she was not complaining. The rest of the time, day and night, as long as she wasn't asleep (we all tried to avoid disturbing her including the other 17 cats) this little thing cried and howled as if she was being poked and prodded by an army of doctors determined to discover why in God's name she never shut up!

After 2 sleepless weeks, I understood why Lilac Points are uncommon. Who would want one?

I nearly had to tranquilize her to convince the poor suckers who wanted to adopt her that she was a pleasant kitten to have around.

"Why, they asked, "do you want to give her up?"

"Have too many cats," I replied tongue-in-cheek, and gave them a bag of cat food as a bribe. They fell for it and she was gone, sleep returned, and I never heard from the suckers again.

No comments: